Human eyes are the most sensitive organ in their body. Any damage to it can affect their life in all ways. Unfortunately, not every person is aware of how important it is to take care of our eyes. In this digital era, people spend more time on the computer screen, mobile phones, and laptops, which have a tremendous effect on their eyes, as more and more people are suffering from eye disease or eye condition.
If you are suffering from eye disease or develop symptoms such as redness, strain, or swelling in the eyes, you can visit our eye specialist in Santa Cruz west for professional guidance. Until then, here are a few tips to help you prevent eye disease and protect your vision from harmful radiation:
• Get your routine eye check-up after every six months from a trusted ophthalmologist.
• While stepping out in the Sun, wear sunglasses to avoid direct contact with UV-rays.
• Add more nutrients and antioxidants in your diet to maintain good eye health.
• Before inserting the contact lens, always wash your hands with soap and water.
• Disinfect the contact lens and keep changing them as instructed by your ophthalmologist
How to improve my vision?
Follow these tips regularly for an effective result, and improve your eye health:
• Stick to the 20-20-20 rule where you take 20 seconds break after every 20 minutes and focus your vision on something placed 20 feet away from your eyes.
• To remind yourself about this rule, set a timer on your computer screen or mobile phone.
• Eat green, leafy vegetables, nuts, almonds, and pulses.
• Limit your time spent on the computer screen, mobile phones, tablets, and laptops
• Position your computer screen in a way that your eyes look straight into the screen and lift any pressure on eye muscles
• Use soft contact lenses as they are comfortable to wear and prevent straining of the eye muscles.
There are many treatments available to help people restore their vision. Following these tips will save you the discomfort and challenges of blurry and poor vision.
Visit our eye hospital in Santa Cruz if you are suffering from any eye problem or have concerns related to eye health. Our eye doctors in Santa Cruz will examine your case and ensure the best treatment/guidance is provided to the patients suffering from eye disease. You can also book your appointment with professional, board-certified ophthalmologists at our eye clinic in Santa Cruz for a face-to-face consultation.