LASIK is an advanced laser eye surgery to correct vision clarity. It is done to reshape the cornea layer that focuses light on the retina for clear vision. It is an advanced, safe, and effective approach to corrective eye surgery and cures major refractive vision issues such as long-sightedness, short-sightedness, and astigmatism.
Benifits Of Laser Eye Surgery
Following are the laser eye surgery benifits:
- It’s a quick and painless procedure.
- It is a completely computer-guided process, hence, is considered accurate.
- It gives effective and long-lasting results.
- It decreases the dependence on eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- The recovery is fast. In fact one can get back to normal life the same day with some precautions for the treated eye.
How Is LASIK Surgery Done?
Deciding to have LASIK surgery takes more time than the procedure. The procedure is very simple and briefly performed in the following steps:
- The surgeon sedates the eye with an anesthetic eye drop.
- Then, the surgeon opens the eye wide with a speculum and makes a flap in the cornea to expose underlying tissue to correct or reshape with a laser. The surgery is pre-planned for individual patients.
- Once the corrections are done, the surgeon replaces the corneal flap and lets it heal.
Who Is Eligible For LASIK?
Most people are eligible for our Lasik eye surgery in Mumbai; still, the patient is expected to:
- Be of 18 years or older
- Have a healthy cornea
- Be diagnosed with short-sightedness, long-sightedness, or astigmatism
Who is NOT Eligible for LASIK?
- People with a very thin cornea
- Pregnant or lactating women
Aftercare and Recovery From LASIK
Typically the recovery from LASIK surgery is quicker, provided you follow the following points:
- Do not rub eyes
- Avoid wearing eye -makeup for a week
- Do not splash tap water in eyes
- Take a break from swimming
- Avoid high-intensity exercise for a week. Rather do some eye-excersises.
- Always wear sunglasses while stepping out of the house.
- Avoid hair wash or shower for a week post-surgery.
- Avoid dripping water in the eye while bathing.
Are You looking for the best Laser eye surgery in Mumbai?
LASIK is an advanced eye surgery procedure and people of all ages benefit from it. It bypasses the need for surgery and provides long-lasting and effective vision benefits. Clear Vision eye clinic provides an array of eye care services including Laser eye surgery in Mumbai, performed by highly qualified eye surgeons. So, for correcting your vision, visit our eye clinic.